Monday, December 29, 2008

Best Albums of 2008 I Know Are Good, But Haven't Spent Enough Time With

Most of these came out in the last quarter of the year; I just haven't had enough time to really familiarize myself with them. They're in alphabetical order.

Butch Walker - Sycamore Meadows
I always like everything Butch Walker puts out. This album is no different.








Cloud Cult - Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes)
Every time I've listened to this album, I've really enjoyed it. I just forget to put it on. This is one of those where I'm thankful for album shuffle.







Dillinger Four - C I V I L W A R
I will always have a weakness for this kind of punk rock. It's great when I'm in the right mood.








Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux

I will also always have a weakness for this kind of punk rock. I've only listened to this album a few times, but Fall Out Boy definitely can still make catchy and intelligent pop music. Fuck you, Drew.






Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
This album is so cool. The orchestral arrangements sound incredible. I can't wait to listen to this album more.








Pompeii - Nothing Happens for a Reason
This is a really good album that got overshadowed by bigger things that I got at the same time. If I had listened to it more, it could have probably been in the top 10. It just needs some time to really click.





Wild Sweet Orange - We Have Cause to Be Uneasy
This band reminds me of Manchester Orchestra and that can only ever be a good thing. I listened to this album a lot this year, but certainly not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment